Thursday, February 7, 2013

No More Bucks for Starbucks?

I guess this is what they call 'divine intervention'. Starbucks and me had become such close pals, one of their paper-cups held in my hand so certainly most of the time, as to appear an extension of my arm that my husband would often suggest we buy shares of the coffee-company, since the company's value could never go down with loyalists like myself. And to think that I picked up drinking coffee just some ten or so odd years back, when I came to this country as a graduate student? Until then, I was all about tea only. Anyhow, so the bottom line is that I was a S.bucks coffee addict--every time I stepped out of the house (this habit was only fueled by the fact that there is a thriving (aren't they all?), bubbling, bustling and of course brewing Starbucks just outside my building). Mind you--it wasn't just any coffee---it was typically S.Bucks. 

And then, out of the blue around the end of last summer, I began to lose my singing voice (yes, I believed, I was an OK crooner), and then just like that, I developed a revulsion for S.Bucks coffee.....now this again is only for the S.Bucks java.....I can tolerate other coffees, I loved the milked version of coffees in India, BUT S.bucks regular coffee?----my body system just repels now. That S.Bucks outside my house is still 'in business' but it is strange that I don't even as much as look in that direction...something within me has just switched off from the Star-topped lady. I have to say, I had had my share of this life-time's S.bucks ....so perhaps time to get addicted to McDonald's coffee? 

No comments:

Same Old Me: Newly Minted Author!

 All the stars aligned, and here we are: Available Globally on Amazon: https://a.co/d/31OwNhq https://amzn.eu/d/cXMBT1D